Coastline Community Foundation
Applications now closed for 2021 grants.
At Coastline, we're big on helping our local community. We proudly offer our customers the same range of personal and business banking services and products that any big bank can, but with one huge difference - we exist solely to support the people who live, work and interact in our community.
Since its inauguration in 2002, the Coastline Community Foundation has provided over $1,000,000 to over 200 worthy local causes who have benefited from Foundation grants.
The Foundation’s goal is to provide support to organisations that provide lasting benefits to local communities. Each year Coastline provides 5% of its operating profit to the Coastline Community Foundation as a way of showing our tangible support to the community.
The Coastline Community Foundation is just one of the many ways Coastline Credit Union gives back to the community. The foundation was established in the communities of Macleay, Hastings and Manning Valleys to provide financial support to organisations that benefit these communities.
How to apply for funding
The Community Foundation calls for applications twice per year (March and September).
All applications are to be submitted via the online application form which will be available below.
Please refer to the application questions document to assist you in preparing your online submission.
Acknowledgement of receipt of your application will be emailed to you within seven (7) days.
Outcome of application will be determined within 30 days of the application closing date.
Read the eligibility and assessment criteria information booklet
Gather your evidence and prepare your draft application using the application questions provided
Submit your application via the online form below
Applications open March 2022.
To be eligible for funding you must be:
- Endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Type 1 Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
- Endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Tax Concession Charity (TCC)
- Registered with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profit Commission
- A not-for-profit organisation which is charitable at law
- A legal entity such as an incorporated association or corporation
You can check your DGR and TCC status by going to the Australian Government’s Australian Business Register website at www.abr.business.gov.au.
If you are unsure if your organisation is eligible, please contact the Coastline Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your organisation’s ABN in the email.
The Community Foundation committee will assess each application using the following criteria.
- Whether the applicant’s organisation and project align with the Community Foundation’s vision, values and strategy
- Whether funds are retained for the benefit of the communities which we operate (Manning, Hastings and Macleay)
- The project demonstrates a lasting benefit to as many members of the community as possible
- If the project seeks to meet a real need within the community and is the project an appropriate response to that need
- Whether the project’s primary focus and benefits are consistent with the identified focus areas
- Ensuring the funding request is realistic and well defined, with a detailed budget provided
- Evidence of effective project management, evaluation, and performance monitoring
- Coastline Credit Union Collaboration – if successful the organisation is prepared to work with Coastline to deliver effective marketing activities that highlight the Community Foundation's support of the recipient's project
Funding Focus areas
The Community Foundation funds projects that directly benefit those most in need in the community and actively seeks to support projects that are sustainable over the long term or deliver an enduring community benefit beyond the funding period. The three areas of focus are:
- Health and Well-being
The Coastline Community Foundation operates under the umbrella of Coastline Credit Union.
Size and scale of funding
The Coastline Community Foundation receives 5% of Coastline’s annual profit to allocate towards grant funding.
Grants considered are usually between $10,000 and $20,000 and up to $80,000.