Coastline's Dispute Resolution Policy
Coastline Credit Union is committed to a fair and prompt resolution of any disputes or complaints.
Please let us know any concerns you may have promptly because a conversation on the telephone means Coastline can learn how to serve you better and continually improve our customer service. Often complaints are misunderstandings that can be resolved during a telephone conversation or two with our Complaints Contact Person.
You can also:
- Email the Complaints Contact Person at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax the Complaints Contact Person a letter to (02) 6562 8940
- Send the Complaints Contact Person a letter to our postal address; PO Box 3119 West Kempsey NSW 2440
- Visit the Complaints Contact Person at our street address; 64 Elbow Street West Kempsey NSW 2440
If you have chosen to email, fax or write to us with a complaint, you will receive an acknowledgement so you will know that we have received your complaint.
The Complaints Contact Person will assist you with handling the complaint and will advise if any further information is needed. The Complaints Contact Person will liaise with managers and staff at Coastline to find answers for you and if appropriate determine a fair remedy. You will be informed of the decision and the reasons for that decision.
Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will in all instances respond to your complaint within 45 days of receipt of the initial complaint.
If we are unable to resolve the complaint within 45 days we will:
- inform you of the reasons for the delay;
- specify a date when a decision can be reasonably expected;
- and notify you of your right to contact AFCA
- and notify you of your right to contact AFCA.
If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority, or AFCA. AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers.
All complaints will be processed at no charge to you.
AFCA may be contacted as follows: